Thursday 15 October 2009

Zdrastvuytye!!

Allow me first to introduce myself with a few little factlets that should reflect the fact that I am indeed a normal person.

My name is Felicity Probert (Fliss, if you please) and I am 17 years old. I am Member of Youth Parliament for South Gloucestershire, which is actually geographically closer to Bristol than Gloucester, but never mind. I am a year 13 student and I am studying French, English Literature and History at A2, with the intention of studying French and Russian at University, hopefully next year.

My family background is quite academic in the medico-scientific field, but I personally am no Oxbridge candidate.

I suppose the historical impact of the Commons visit is what appeals to me most - we are the first group to sit in the chamber *ever*! This is a moment in British history; I buzz like an eight year old after several kilograms of E -numbers at the very thought!

I love writing (when it's not coursework!), so I very much look forward to my next posts. I hope you enjoy reading them! I don't intend for my postings to be too highbrow, as I myself am not highbrow. However, I do hope to give you, the reader, some food for thought.

Until next time!

Fliss :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that MYPs get to use the House of Commons - long may it continue.

    Steve Webb MP
    (and Fliss's local MP!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I just want to say - just how proud I am of ALL of the young people involved in the Youth Parliament. I am almost bought to tears of emotion, to think how positive a thing this is and the use and event the contact you must have with the House of Commons, to make the 30th October possible.
    ALL THE VERY BEST! – PROUD OF YOU ALL!!..
    Warren Alexander-Dean
    wad@gmx.com

    ReplyDelete