Wednesday 21 October 2009

Wow, the debate is getting so close now!!

This weekend all the debate leads met up to discuss who would get which debate and the general format the debate would take. This weekend was enjoyed by all and I have to say now that I know which debate I will be doing I feel alot better about the whole thing! On the Friday we participated in a workshop in the House of Commons, this meant we learnt more about devolution and select committees but we also picked up a few tips that will help us in the chamber. Firstly it’s interesting that men cannot wear hats in the chamber yet women can; the same rule also applies to the wearing of medals. When addressing people when saying “you” this refers to the Speaker of the House of commons and therefore it is advisable not to use this in relation to talking to another MYP, however I doubt he will be that strict! On the Saturday we all found out which debates we would be leading on! And brilliantly we managed to all get our first or second choices! Each debate has 3 debate leads- 2 to introduce each side of the debate and one to sum up. I’m summarising the economic and job opportunities debate which was my first choice =))

Rather than telling you in this blog why it’s so IMPORTANT to vote for it, because believe me it is! But I will save that for another blog J

More importantly I have my outfit for the debate!!

Until the next time

Tessa

=))

No comments:

Post a Comment