Thursday 29 October 2009

"It's the final countdown!"

Come on, you had to see that title coming!

So, I have literally just hopped off the train from a South West Regional meeting. I had not seen my lovely region since the Annual Sitting in July, and I can honestly say I am proud to be working with such an amazing group of people. The atmosphere of our meetings is so warm and no matter which walk of life you come from, you will be accepted into the group, no question. Today, Fliss is a happy bunny :)

SO: TOMORROW! It feels so good to be saying that! It's surreal to think that in 12 hours' time, I will be waking up ready to go to London for the most historic day in 300 years of British democracy - I am a part of history! I can't quite get my head around it. This is something to tell the Grandkids! I feel quite nervous in a way, for the first time in a while, I am actually shy, something of a startled deer. Anyone who knows me will think this is really unusual, that's for sure.

I've spent the last two weeks walking in my "Commons shoes" (very important!) but you can guarantee that the one falling over on national television WILL be me. As any girl will know, shoes are important! Seriously though, for everyone, the issue of what to wear has been a tough one. We are young people, we represent young people. This is our opportunity to be taken properly seriously as opinionated citizens. It's easy for adults to patronise young people as innocent and naive with not a lot ticking away up there in our hormone ravaged brains. Indeed, in February I went to Berlin on a school trip, and I am not joking, this elderly couple said "They look like a flood of walking hormones!" Yeah, great, thanks :S

We may be "walking hormones" now, but in the future, we will be the ones running this country and making those important decisions. Oh wait, hold on... We already are!

So folks, feast your eyes. Remember 30th October 2009 as a date in history. I know I certainly will.

Time left at time of publication: 17.5 Hours and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment