Monday 19 October 2009

11 Days to go, till I mow a meadow?

My second blog - and its all about how I'm feeling - don't be deceive d by the farmer themed title.

11 Days away from making history. Wow.

I never ever thought that I would be taking part in such an amazing event, but then again, I never dreamed I would be doing half of the things I'm doing through UKYP. I'm sure you'll all agree that its opened many doors for you as it has for me. Through UKYP I've had the opportunity to express the views of my constituents on many levels, from local politics with people like the leader of my county council to Gordon Brown himself nationally!

So I suppose I want to say, I'm humbled by the trust bestowed in me by the people who took time to vote me in, and putting me in such a position to create one of the greatest moments of my life.

However more onto the debatey side of this blog!

Youth Crime and how to solve it! I'm now going to rant about mosquitoes. If this isn't your thing look away now :)

Firstly they don't meet the EU convention on the rights of a child, directly contravening article 14 amongst others. They also don't solve the root of anti-social behavior but merely move the problem on. They are indiscriminate and target those specifically under the age of 25. Is this fair?...

They also affect toddlers and small children, who's hearing is much more sensitive than that of a teenage meaning it causes greater discomfort to them. Is this fair?

View http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=139334851201&ref=ts for more information on my thoughts on Mosquitoes...

My opinion is that 'Young people should not be viewed as a candle in a dark room, but the match to light it.'

My next blog will be on another of the debate topics, watch this space.

Oli

2 comments:

  1. Alison Seabeck MP20 October 2009 at 15:28

    It is exciting. I do remember the feeling I had when I was first allowed into the Chamber and to sit on the Green benches. I am sorry i can't be there to see you all take your places but I have a series of constituency commitments. Enjoy the experience and I look forward to reading your comments after the event. Alison Seabeck MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should of seen our fight to get mosquitoes removed from council property... It was painful...

    ReplyDelete